January 3rd: Axiom

The day after I took a day off work. I really didn't want to but I had to, because I was throwing up left and right and  it was still a grayish color, but now with a hint of black here and there. After calling in sick, my wife called and asked me how I was.

I don't remember all of the phonecall. Hey, cut me some slack this happened 3 months ago. But from what I remember it went something like this.

"Honey, how are you doing?"

"I feel terrible, I'm sick. I took a day off work"

"Day off work, that's a first"

"I know, I just don't feel like throwing up at my computer at work"

"Well, get better ok. I was just checking up on you. Anna & I will be back next week ok?"

"Alright"

She was about to hang up when I called out her name into the phone.

"Hey, Linda...can I ask you something?"

"Sure?!"

"Do you think it's possible that Mike wasn't crazy?" I asked, as I was starting to kind of believe that at this point.

"What do you mean? Are you saying he was right about the meteor?"

"No, not the meteor...the tall man, the creatures in his dreams who caused him illness"

"Dennis...I think you need to go to sleep and catch some rest"

I don't know what I expected asking her that to accomplish. I just thought that maybe she would have an open mind to the possibility.

Then again it was a bit bold of me to ask anything of her. I wasn't the best husband and father back then, I was just so caught up in work that I didn't notice it until much much later.

I took her advice though and just went to bed, which I was reluctant to do due to the weird dreams I've been having.

This time i didn't dream off the tall man, at least not the same one. This time it was the same setting, me in the middle of town, but I was looking up at a tall man who had caucasian skin and was wearing formal red and black clothing. He had a big black tophat with a red bowband on it and wielded a gigantic judges hammer.

He didn't talk he just looked at me. But that in itself was really uncomfortable as it was like he was staring through me, it was a look of disgust and contempt.

After a while he started to swing his hammer and tried to smash me with it. I was able to dodge but only once, the second time he squisheed me.

Which was when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment