April 6th: Sickness

I was sick again, but it was not obvious so I didn't have to miss work. At work I was given a free pass for the next article of mine, which meant I could just write about something. On a lack of judgment I wrote about my experiences a few months ago and stretched that out into a few pages. I handed it to my boss, who was not pleased. He said something about personal experiences shouldn't be posted as they are lies, since these things don't exist. Yes we reported strange happenings, but we never confirmed anything. He had been noting how I've been slipping up lately, so he decided to fire me.

I was devestated.

Linda was not supportive with me either and told me why the hell I got myself fired. We ended up having a big argument about it, which made me really angry and without thinking I hit her in the face. She started to cry, ran to her room and packed her bags for her & Anna and got out of the house. I tried to apologize to her, I tried to get her to not leave, I even grabbed her hand and begged her but she just kicked me in the shins.

I just stood there like a complete idiot. I knew that going after her would only make it worse, so I did the sensible thing and started drinking, more than I had ever in my entire lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment