January 1st: Start

I'm on my last straw, dear readers. I'm not some whiny and crazy man trying to get attention by writing some make-believe story on a blog. I could care less if you read on. I'm running out of ideas for survival and I think I don't have many days left of my life.

Now what's wrong?
Well let me tell you.

It started several months ago, when I was still married and more importantly still an excellent reporter for The Weekly Melase. It's a very popular paper that got lot of readers by reporting strange and unusual incidents happening here in Melase, Nova Scotia; which tended to happen a lot.

I was assigned to write about Meteor Mike, the local weatherman who one day snapped and  reported a meteor heading directly at the town. Of course that turned out to be bogus and he was fired, then like a few weeks later he was found dead in his apartment, laying comfortably as a corpse in his own bed.

But my search for anything noteworthy about his death and the whole meteor incident turned up negative. So I just kind of stretched out what I knew and called it a day.

At home I had a bad stomacheache, so I got some pills and went to sleep. My wife was on a trip with my daughter and sisters, so I decided to call it an early night.

I had an odd dream, it was something about a bunch of grey and black slime covering my body.
To me it wasn't noteworthy at the time, but I wish I would've paid attention to it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment