April 9th: Emily

Because I could not stop for Death – 
He kindly stopped for me –  
The Carriage held but just Ourselves –  
And Immortality. 
We slowly drove – 
He knew no haste 
And I had put away
My labor and my leisure too, For His Civility – 
We passed the School, where Children strove At Recess – in the Ring –  
We passed the Fields of Gazing Grain –  
We passed the Setting Sun –  
Or rather – He passed us –  
The Dews drew quivering and chill – 
 For only Gossamer, my Gown –  
My Tippet – only Tulle – 
We paused before a House 
that seemed A Swelling of the Ground –
 The Roof was scarcely visible –  
The Cornice – in the Ground – 
Since then – 'tis Centuries – 
and yet Feels shorter than the Day 
I first surmised the Horses' Heads 
Were toward Eternity –  

-Emily Dickinson, Becuase I could not stop for death.

Due to this still being an uneventful day, I thought I'd post my favorite poem.
Just to make things less depressing.

I have a feeling tomorrow will be the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment